- Multiple peers per room (limited only by the number of peer connections your browser supports).
- The number displayed at the top-right of the screen shows how many peers you are connected to. Your peers are the only ones who can see your message.
- Markdown support via
- Includes support for syntax highlighting of code.
- Multiline message support (hold Shift and press Enter).
- Dark and light themes
- Messages are never persisted to disk. When you leave a peer room, messages are cleared from memory and cannot be retrieved.
- Chitchatter is an entirely client-side communication app. It uses external general-purpose WebTorrent and STUN/TURN servers as for necessary communication, but there is no Chitchatter API server.
- No analytics, tracking, or telemetry.
- This is a community-driven, unfunded project that makes no money. This is necessary to prevent corporate influence from harming users.
If you would like to verify that the app hosted at https://chitchatter.im/ is the one that is hosted on GitHub, you can use
$ dig chitchatter.im ; <<>> DiG 9.18.1-1ubuntu1.1-Ubuntu <<>> chitchatter.im ;; global options: +cmd ;; Got answer: ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 61332 ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 5, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1 ;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION: ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 65494 ;; QUESTION SECTION: ;chitchatter.im. IN A ;; ANSWER SECTION: chitchatter.im. 231 IN CNAME jeremyckahn.github.io. jeremyckahn.github.io. 231 IN A 18.104.22.168 jeremyckahn.github.io. 231 IN A 22.214.171.124 jeremyckahn.github.io. 231 IN A 126.96.36.199 jeremyckahn.github.io. 231 IN A 188.8.131.52